Sunday 27 September 2009

Help me find the perfect camera messenger bag!

Like other photographers, I have plenty of camera bags, including the following great bags:

- LowePro Super Trekker AWII
- LowePro Photo Trekker AWII
- LowePro Slingshot 200 AW
- Lowepro Stealth Reporter D550 AW
- ThinkTank Airport International
- Billingham 206

However what I really miss, especially when travelling to and from my studio in Amsterdam, is a shoulder or messenger type bag that is big enough to take the following:

- Nikon D3
- Nikon 24-70 f/2.8
- Nikon 85mm f/1.4 (optional)
- Sony HDR-TG7 handycam (optional)
- Spare batteries, memory cards etc

Ideally it shouldn't look like a camera bag, and it should be soft, durable, padded and comfortable to carry. At the moment I am using a bag around 30x20cm (12x8") and probably 8cm deep. I typically carry the camera without the lens attached.

So far my studies have found the Tenba Messenger (maybe a bit too big), or the Domke F-803 Waxwear (probably a bit too small)

So if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

3 comments:

frigorifico said...

Maybe the Lowepro classified range? Fairly newly released but it certainly doesn't look like a camera bag and it's well built.

Simon said...

I have this one:

http://products.lowepro.com/product/DryZone-200,1935,18.htm

The LowePro Dryzone 200. Only bag I could find that holds a D1 or D2h with zoom lens attached.

They now have the "rover" too, which is more compact, but not sure if it holds a mounted lens with a big D.

With the weather in Holland (or Belgium for that matter), waterproof is a must !

If you want to see it before you shell out 300+ Euros, feel free to drop by mate ;)

Roland said...

I can clearly recommend the Lowepro Classified 160 bag. Although it is easier to fit a D700 than a D3, I manage to get a D700+MB-D10 attached into it and that combo is slightly taller than a D3. The bag has enough space for a camera with 70-200 lens attached plus one additional lens, so it could fit your needs well.